History of Golf in Kilbirnie
(as researched by Mr M. M. Marshall, Past Captain)

The first golf club was formed on November 3rd, 1908 and was called Garnock Golf Club. This was a 9 hole course on 61 acres of land part of East Mains Farm, Kilbirnie. The club lasted until September 1913.
The second club was formed on 19th May, 1919 and was called Brockley Golf Club. The course was located on the lands of Greenridge Farm, Kilbirnie. The club lasted until 1921.
Kilbirnie Place Golf Course opened on 9th May 1925, being the third golf club in the area, and was a 9 hole course on 35 acres of land, part of Parkfoot, Kilbirnie, belonging to Sir James Knox of Place . This course was laid out by Mr Alex Caven, the professional at Cochrane Castle Golf Club, Johnstone, and forms part of the 18 hole course which is played today.
The year 2025 will see the centenary of the club.

Our Partners